CCRC Database


Latest news from The Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC), the independent organisation set up to investigate suspected miscarriages of justice from magistrates courts, the Crown Court in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and the Court Martial and Service Civilian Court. The CCRC was set up to take a fresh, independent look at suspected miscarriages of justice and their principal role is to investigate cases where people believe they have been wrongly convicted of a criminal offence or wrongly sentenced.

The Commission was set up as an independent investigative body after some high profile miscarriages of justice came to light – notably the Birmingham Six and the Guildford Four.

This Database contains details of hundreds of cases they have referred to the Court of Appeal, the ‘Referrals’ page gives you instant access to all the press releases issued about a case they have referred – all on one page making searching for a case easy – while the ‘Case Library’ shows what happened in those cases when the Court of Appeal made its decision on the case

You need Enhanced Membership of The Prison Oracle to access the Referrals and Case Library databases – it costs less than a cup of a coffee a week and you can join thousands of others who have already joined and realised the value of having access to 44,000 pages of constantly updated information on prisons all in one place.

error: No Sorry! This content is protected!