News Desk Membership just 99p a week paid monthly!
Basic, Standard and Enhanced Memberships are all paid quarterly.
Corporate membership is paid annually
Cancel any time!
News Desk Membership
- NEWS DESK Membership gives you access to Breaking News on prisons as it happens, Latest Rules, Reports & Policies as they are issued.
- View the News Desk
- BASIC Membership gives you access to ALL 118 prison entries, Altcourse to Wymott, it contains the latest comprehensive information on each prison, including facility lists, details of deaths in custody in that establishment, latest inspection and IMB reports, safety in custody hotline, visiting information and much more!
- View a prison entry
- STANDARD Membership gives you access to ALL 118 prison entries plus..
RECEPTION TO RELEASE. 100's of pages of detailed, up-to-date policy information on:
- Early Days in Custody
- Offending Behaviour Programmes
- Criminal Cases Review Commission
- Requests and Complaints
- Prisoner Communications
- Drugs and Alcohol in Prison Institutions
- The Prison Disciplinary System
- Support - Who Can Help?
- Equality Age, Gender, Disability & Race
- Social Security and Discharge Grants
- Release and Recall
- Indeterminate Sentences
- Women Prisoners
- Young Offenders (18-21 year olds)
- Young People (15-17 year olds)
- Foreign Nationals
- Disability in Prison
- Employment, Training & Skills
- Work and Pay
- Incentives and Earned Privileges
- Civil Partnerships & Equal Marriage
- Elderly Prisoners
- Security categorisation
- Repatriation to the UK (Post Brexit)
Enhanced MembershipBest Value
ENHANCED! Our Best Value package
- Costing less than a cup of coffee a week, it gives you access to the most up-to-date, comprehensive information on all 118 Prisons and Young Offender Institutions - plus all of this too....
RECEPTION TO RELEASE. 100's of pages of detailed, up-to-date policy information on:
Early Days in Custody
Offending Behaviour Programmes
Criminal Cases Review Commission
Requests and Complaints
Drugs and Alcohol in Prison Institutions
The Prison Disciplinary System
Support - Who Can Help?
Equality Age, Gender, Disability & Race
Social Security and Discharge Grants
Release and Recall
Young Offenders (18-21 year olds)
Young People (15-17 year olds)
Disability in Prison
Employment, Training & Skills
Work and Pay
Incentives and Earned Privileges
Civil Partnerships & Equal Marriage
Repatriation to the UK (Post Brexit)
THE VIEW FROM HERE Articles and opinion on prison issues by experts in their field
- This Section is about prison staff:
- How to join
- Prepare for interview
- Go through training
- Details of the Prison Officer Entry level Training (POELT) Course -and for those who wish to advance we set out details of the
- Senior Leaders Scheme and what is required for a Band 3 Prison Officer to rise through each of the ranks to become a Band 11 Governing Governors
- Independent bodies that have a duty to Inspect and Monitor the criminal justice system
- Criminal Justice Joint Inspections – hundreds of Joint Inspection Reports, from 2000 to date
- HM CPS Inspectorate – 350 Inspection reports divided into: Area Assurance, Area, Annual and Audit, and Ad Hoc Reports
- IMB Reports – thousands of Independent Monitoring Board Annual Reports on every prison and YOI in the country, from 2009 to date
- NPM Reports– Key Documents and details of all 21 statutory organisations that make up the National Preventive Mechanism
- PPO Reports – thousands of death in custody reports, fully cross-referenced you won’t find anywhere else and right up to date
- HM Prisons Inspectorate Reports – over 1,00 prison and YOI inspection reports- and their Thematic Reviews too, from 2005 to date
- HM Probation Inspectorate Reports – over 1,500 Probation Inspectorate reports – and their Thematic Reviews too right up to date
NEWS DESK Breaking News on prisons as it happens Latest Rules, Reports & Policies as they are issued
PRISONERS & THE LAW 2021
- The law relating to prisoners is complex, their rights depend on their status as remand or convicted prisoners, as adults or young offenders, male or female – or transgendered – and also their sentence length and security categorisation. This section, edited by prison law Barristers, examines prisoners and the law and gives you:
- Prisons Legal Cases Database - Instant access to over 1,400 court judgments in legal cases brought both by prisoners and officers.
- Introduction to the Law & Prisoners rights
- A-Z Subject Index- Instant access to 400 Prison Law subjects, in A-Z format from ‘Access to Justice’ to ‘Zoonotic Infections
- Criminal Appeals
Prisons Legal Cases Database
The Sentencing Act 2020
Introduction to the Law & Prisoners
Prison Rules 1999 (Correct to date)
A-Z Index of over 400 prison law subjects
Parole Board Rules 2019 (Correct to date)
Websites of Interest
Young Offender Institution Rules 2000 (Correct to date)
CRIMINAL CASES REVIEW COMMISSION DATABASE
- Fed up with searching for CCRC cases referred to the Court of Appeal, the case details, why they were referred and the outcome of the case? Well now you don’t have to - it's all here on our full CCRC Database of over 400 cases.
PARLIAMENTARY JUSTICE SELECT COMMITTEE
- Containing almost 1,000 Published Reports and Evidential Correspondence from the Parliamentary Justice Select Committee, from Parliamentary Sessions for every year right back to 2002-2003
PRESS RELEASE DATABASE Containing Press Releases issued by
- G4S - the private prison company going back to 2009
- HM Prison & Probation Service going back to 2014
- Ministry of Justice - over 1,500 press releases, going back to 2009
- Parole Board – all Parole Board press releases going back to 2013
- Prisons & Probation Ombudsman - containing almost 100 ‘Learning Lessons Bulletins’ and Media releases, and our Deaths in Custody Database carries over 2,300 of the PPO’s Fatal Incident Reports, set out by year, and by individual establishment, and by the name of the deceased – something you do not get anywhere else.
- Probation Inspectorate - over 650 press releases, from 2013 to the present day
- Serco - press release by the private prison company Serco
- Sodexo - press release by the private prison company Sodexo
FACTS & FIGURES
Awards & Prizes
Banged Up Abroad: Packs
Basic Custody Screening Tool
Community Performance Quarterly
Cost per Prisoner Place 2015-present
Counter Terrorism Statistics
Criminal Justice Quarterly
Civil Justice Quarterly
Freedom of Information Act Releases
Freedom of Information Act Database
Freedom of Information Act Database 2005-2012
Healthcare in Prison
HMPPS Annual Digest
HMPPS Annual Offender Equalities
HMPPS Other Corporate Reports
HMPPS Annual Staff Equalities
Knife and Crime Sentencing Database
Legal Aid Statistics Database
Justice Data Lab Stats
Law Commission Database
MAPPA Annual Reports
MAPPA Policies, Papers & More
MOJ Service Specifications
Offender Management Statistics 2010-present
Parole Board – Reconsideration Mechanism
Payment by Results statistics
Prison Performance Ratings
Prison Population 2010 to Present
Proven Reoffending 2011-Present
Proven Reoffending Tables 2000-2011
Race and the Criminal Justice System
Safety in Custody Quarterly Bulletin
Serious Further Offences
Secure video calls with prisoners
Women and the Criminal Justice System
Workforce Quarterly Bulletin
MOJ Workforce Annual Monitoring
Youth Justice Reports to date
Youth Justice Statistics from 2008 to date
- The largest circulation national monthly prisons newspaper, and the only one edited and published 100% by reformed offenders is available online to Enhanced and Corporate subscribers of The Prison Oracle - and our archives back to 2007 too!
INSTRUCTIONS, ORDER AND POLICY FRAMEWORKS
- Instant access to all Prison Service Instructions, Orders, and Policy Frameworks that are currently in force - updated daily
RESEARCH REPORTS & VINTAGE PUBLICATIONS
- Instant access to valuable research publications:
The Prisons Handbook 2021
The Cell Companion 2021
Prison Law Index 2021
Vintage & Valuable Publications
The State of The Prisons: John Howard (1777)
Prison Commissioners: First 20 years
Prison Commissioners Database
The Punishment and Prevention of Crime 1885
English Prisons Today 1922
English Prisons Under Local Government 1922
Penal Discipline 1922
The Du Parcq Report 1932
The Mountbatten Report 1966
The Radzinowicz Report 1968
The May Report 1979
Frightened For My Life – An Account of Deaths in British Prisons 1982
The Maze Prison Escape 1983
Managing The Long-Term Prison Population 1984
The Woolf Report 1991
The Wymott Prison Riot 1993
The Learmont Report 1994
The Woodcock Report 1995
The Carter Report 2003
The Zahid Mubarek Report 2006 Vol 1
The Zahid Mubarek Report 2006 Vol 2
The Corston Report 2007
The Bradley Report 2009
The IMB Karen Page Report 2014
The Harris Review Report 2015
The Farmer Report For Men 2017
The Lammy Report 2017
Mental Health in Prisons Report 2017
The Farmer Report for Women 2019
Farmer Report Update
Black Drugs Review Report 2020
Black Drugs Review Report 2021
- Current list of Governing Governors for all prisons and YOIs
PERSONAL INJURY IN PRISON
- With violence in prisons at record levels we make this important section free to all - an expert explanation of personal injury in prison by Michael Jefferies, solicitor and Chairman of the Prison Injury Lawyers Association writes on on the rights and routes to claim compensation for personal injury sustained in prison where the injury was caused by no fault of the person injured.
New content is added every day!
- CORPORATE! Our Premium Plan!
- TEN ENHANCED Memberships, plus premier discounts!
10 individuals, with a unique firm's email address, get Enhanced Membership for a year!
- 20% Off any of our publications!
- 20% Discount on Advertisements placed in any of our products!
- 20% Discount on Advertisements placed in the next edition of The Prisons Handbook!
- 20% Discount on Annual Advertisements placed our Converse National Monthly Prisons Newspaper!
- 20% Discount on Annual Advertisements accepted on our website!
- 20% Discount on our Prison Law Courses!
Everything about prisons, all in one place, from the publishers experts trust.
*We guarantee the discounts shown above on our own offers, products and services, but third party offers and discounts - such as events and conferences not operated by us - are not guaranteed; they will be available as when they are made available by third party operators.